Quality engineering education coupled with innovative research and development is absolutely essential towards the overall faculty development. BVDU provides an opportunity to faculty members from the parent institute as well as from external institutions for carrying out doctoral programme in various engineering disciplines to attain higher qualification in order to keep abreast with continuous technological activities. Accordingly Institute promotes participation of faculty in innovative research by providing a conducive environment, necessary facilities and motivation.
For details and other updates with regards to Ph.D. Programme visit University website http://www.bharatividyapeeth.edu/ or http://www.bvuniversity.edu.in
For admission to a Ph.D. programme in a subject under concerned faculty, or in any allied subject the applicant shall fulfill the following conditions:
Candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% marks (50% marks for SC/students category) or equivalent grade point at Post Graduate degree examination or its equivalent examination in a relevant subject of any Statutory University.
The fellow members of the Institute of Chartered Accounts and / or Institute of Cost and Works Accounts and / or having qualification of C.S. shall be held eligible for registration for Ph.D. in the concerned subject under the faculty of Commerce, provided that they possess a Bachelors Degree of any Statutory University. Such candidate should have at least 5 years professional experience.
Persons working in National Laboratories/Institutes/ Government/ Private Organization nominated/ sponsored by the respective employer. These persons should have a post Graduate Degree and holding rank of Assistant Director / or above, will have to appear for „All India Entrance Test‟ and will have to produce “No Objection Certificate” from the employer.
The presently existing rules of eligibility prescribed by various statutory councils will also be applicable for admission to Ph.D. programmes of this University.
In exceptional circumstances, a person who is holding a senior position in a government service, or has been in any profession for atleast 10 years, or made significant contribution in different fields such as Education, Law, Health, Trade, Commerce, Industry etc, may also be considered eligible for direct admission to Ph.D. programme.
The admissions to Ph.D. degree programme will be based on the merit at an „All India Entrance Test‟. The University shall notify, on its website, the facultywise and subjectwise number of seats available for its Ph.D. programmes. All candidates, including those who have UGC/CSIR, NET-JRF, SET/SLET qualification, or AICTE/ Teacher Fellowship or ICMR, DST, DBT fellowship, etc. will also have to appear for „All India Entrance test‟. The University will conduct „All India Entrance test‟ for Ph.D. programmes. The Entrance test will consist of one theory paper based on the postgraduate level syllabus of the concerned subject.
The weightage for the written test and viva-voce examination will be 80% and 20%, respectively. ii. Candidate will have to score a minimum 50% of marks to qualify for admission to a Ph.D. programme.
A merit list of the candidates will be prepared based on their aggregate score at the written test and the viva- voce.
Based on the performance at the All India Entrance Test, two separate Merit Lists will be prepared, one for those with NET/SET qualification and the second for other candidates.
The facultywise /subjectwise merit list will be displayed on the University website and also on the notice board.
The candidates will be given admissions to a Ph.D. degree programme according to their inter-se-merit and the seats available in the subject concerned. Only a pre-determined number of candidates, as announced in the brochure, shall be admitted to Ph.D. degree programme.
For each subject 40% of the seats will be filled by the candidates with NET/SET qualification. The remaining 60% of the seats as well as any seats left vacant from the above 40% will be filled by the other candidates with no NET/SET qualification.
Over and above the total seats notified by the University, additional seats to the extent of 20% may be filled by the Foreign/NRI/PIO candidates provided such candidates appear for an interview. At the interview the area of research interest of the candidate will be discussed. After successful interview, he/she will be admitted to Ph.D. programme subject to the fulfillment of other conditions of eligibility. The candidate who qualifies himself / herself at the "Entrance Test" will have to appear for an interview in which the area of his / her research interest will be discussed and he/she will be admitted to Ph.D. programme provisionally subject to fulfillment of other conditions of eligibility.
Copyright © BVU College Of Engineering