The Computer Society of India (CSI) Student Chapter of Bharati Vidyapeth Deemed University College of Engineering Pune (BVDUCOEP), established in October 2019 is an active student organization which organizes a number of technical activities including workshops, competitions, technical symposiums, guest lectures etc. for its student members. Under the guidance of Department of Computer Engineering, the student chapter has over 100 members, and is run by a Student Council, and faculty from the department. The CSI BVDUCOEP Student Chapter gives students the opportunity to grow in the field of computing technologies.
Established in 1965, the Computer Society of India, or CSI is the first and largest body of computer professionals in India. It is a non-profit professional meet to exchange views and information learn and share ideas regarding advancement of theory and practice of Computer Engineering and Technology Systems, Science and Engineering, Information Processing and many more. The national body now has 72 chapters across India, 512 student branches, and over 110000 members, including noted IT industry leaders, scientists, and dedicated mathematicians.
- Regularly organizes workshops, seminars conventions, and technical talks for the benefit of professionals and users of IT apart from conducting development programs for professionals, researchers and students.
- Works closely with other industry associations, government bodies and academia to ensure that the benefits of IT advancement ultimately percolate down to every single citizen of India.
- Extends funding support for research projects as well as funds visits of researchers presenting papers at international conferences.
- Facilitates industry-academia interaction through CIO meets, Professors’ meets. CSI offers professional counselling through various events, conferences, symposia to student members of their well-established network of Student Branches.
- To inspire and nurture students, and help them to integrate into the IT community.
- To give opportunity to students to interact with Industry professionals and chalk out a career path.
- To create awareness about trending topics in the IT field, by collaborating with distinguished academicians, researchers and practitioners.
- To encourage students to participate in various types of technical events like workshops, symposiums etc.
- To facilitate research, knowledge sharing, learning and career enhancement for all categories of IT professionals.
- Department of Computer Engineering
Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University)
College of Engineering
Pune – 411043