To be globally recognized chemical engineering department for academic excellence and research.
- To impart quality chemical engineering education to provide professionally competent engineers.
- To develop conducive research environment to meet ever-changing aspirations of chemical and allied fields.
- To promote entrepreneurship and leadership qualities with a strong foundation of social and professional ethics.
UG programme in Chemical Engineering
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- Practice chemical engineering in conventional, multidisciplinary and emerging fields.
- Pursue advanced studies or other forms of continuing education.
- Demonstrate professionalism, ethical and social responsibility and desire for lifelong learning.
Programme Outcomes (POs):
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Utilize the fundamentals of unit operations and unit processes for the design and development of chemical products
- Implement the pollution abatement methodologies in chemical and allied industries
- Adopt sustainable energy strategies in professional practice
PG programme in Chemical Engineering
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Pursue career and/or higher studies in chemical engineering and allied thrust areas
- Undertake fundamental and applied scientific research in chemical engineering, multidisciplinary, and emerging fields
- Inculcate leadership and entrepreneurial skills to implement innovative and sustainable technologies in the context of environmental and societal needs
Programme Outcomes (POs):
A Chemical Engineering post graduate will be able to:
PO1: Independently carry out research/investigation and development work to solve practical problems.
PO2: Write and present a substantial technical report /document.
PO3: Demonstrate a degree of mastery over the area as per the specialization of the chemical engineering programme. The mastery should be at a level higher than the requirements in the appropriate bachelor programme.
PO4: Apply the knowledge of advances in chemical engineering for the execution of projects related to chemical and allied areas.
PO5: Practice chemical engineering by applying professional ethics with due consideration to environmental, societal and safety aspects.
PO6: Engage in life-long learning to sustain and enhance practice of chemical engineering.