- Accredited to Grade ‘A+’ by NAAC in 2017 and ‘A’ in 2011 and 2004.
- Recognized as Section 12 B of UGC act (1956) by University Grants Commision
- ‘A’ Grade University status by MHRD Government of India.
- Accredited by NBA till 2022.
- Ranked among Top 50 Technical Schools of India by Dataquest-CMR
Department of Computer Engineering
The Department of Computer Engineering is established in 1985, offers undergraduate (B.TECH.), postgraduate (M.TECH.) and Doctoral program. It commenced with the undergraduate programme of B.E Computer Engineering with an intake of 60 students under the University of Pune. In year 2000, the institute came under the ambit of Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University. Subsequently, the intake of the programme was also increased to 120. In the same year, the department also commenced the M.Tech Computer Engineering programme with an intake of 18 students under the ambit of Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University.
Due to the initiatives taken by the Department of Computer Engineering, BVDUCOEP has received the status of VMware IT Academy which is reflected to be a Center of Excellence.
Vision of the Institute
“To be World Class Institute for Social Transformation Through Dynamic Education.”
Mission of the Institute
- To provide quality technical education with advanced equipment, qualified faculty members, infrastructure to meet needs of profession and society.
- To provide an environment conducive to innovation, creativity, research, and entrepreneurial leadership.
- To practice and promote professional ethics, transparency and accountability for social community, economic and environmental conditions.
Vision of the Department
“To pursue and excel in the endeavor for creating globally recognized Computer Engineers through Quality education.”
Mission of the Department
- To impart engineering knowledge and skills confirming to a dynamic curriculum.
- To develop professional, entrepreneurial & research competencies encompassing continuous intellectual growth.
- To produce qualified graduates exhibiting societal and ethical responsibilities in working environment.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The students of B.TECH. (Computer Engineering), after graduating with Bachelor of Technology degree in Computer Engineering, will able to
- Demonstrate technical and professional competencies by applying Engineering fundamentals, computing principles and technologies.
- Learn, practice, and grow as skilled professionals/entrepreneur/researchers adapting to the evolving computing landscape.
- Demonstrate professional attitude, ethics, understanding of social context and interpersonal skills leading to a successful career.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
- To design, develop and implement computer programs on hardware towards solving problems.
- To employ expertise and ethical practise through continuing intellectual growth and adapting to the working environment.
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and computing for the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using computer engineering foundations, principles, and technologies.
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues, and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and the need for sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles while committed to professional responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Apply the engineering and management principles to one’s work, as a member and leader in a team.
- Recognise the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
The Computer Engineering department has forged a path of innovation in research and teaching in the field of computing technologies at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The department offers UG, PG and Doctoral programmers in Computer Engineering. To date, more than 3000 undergraduates and 400 postgraduates have graduated from the department. The department is associated with several other activities like conducting seminars, workshops, conferences, expert lectures, etc. through which it updates the practical aspects through industry-institute interaction. In-plant training is an integral part of the syllabi which gives exposure to the industrial environment to the final year students.
Being part of Deemed University, department takes advantage of academic autonomy in making the curriculum industry oriented and enable students to make employable The courses such as vocational courses, Massive open online courses and Industry Taught courses are introduced as integrated part of course structure. In-plant training enable students to interact within their associated industries for gaining practical field experience and professional exposure. Curriculum is Choice Based Credit System which makes students path of joining international universities for their higher studies smoother.
The department has excellent qualified faculties who are engaged in teaching and research 11 faculty members with Ph.D. qualifications have been proved as resources for research, innovations, and sound Teaching – Learning Process.
The department is actively involved in research and the faculty members are involved in publishing of research papers in various journals and conferences which are indexed by Google scholar, Science Citation Index (SCI) and Scopus. The overall citation of the papers published by the department is more than 1300 and an H-Index of 15.