Industry needs employable and contributory technocrats in required domain for its growth. TCS, regularly partners with academic institutions across India as part of its Academic Interface Program (AIP) to build industry relevant curriculum and industry ready workforce.
TCS in collaboration with Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University) College of Engineering, Pune has come up with a unique program B. Tech. (Computer Science & Business Systems), which aims towards producing employable engineers to be a part of the nation building. It is a four-year undergraduate program and will be implemented / conducted at BV(DU)COE from the Academic Year 2018-19.
Goal : To design a society and industry relevant Computer Engineering curriculum in line with the rapidly changing industry landscape in the era of Business 4.0
Objective: The course focuses on enhancing the following key attributes among the graduating students
- Understanding of Contemporary Technology
- Understanding of Technology Abstraction
- Knowledge of Common Business Principles
- Business Discipline and Service Orientation
- Innovation Ability
- Strong in Ethics and Life Values
Salient Features of the Syllabus:
- The curriculum of program is industry oriented.
- The program has 200 credits spread over 8 semesters (25 Credits per semester).
- Introduction of Industry Offered Elective in each semester of 4thYear (Sem VII & VIII).
- Six Core elective courses spread over third and fourth year.
- One elective course offered in each semester (Sem V & Sem VI) of 3rd Year
- Two elective courses offered in each semester (Sem VII & Sem VIII) of 4th Year.
- Industrial project (8 weeks) in the 4th year will be supported by TCS.
- Industrial training (4 weeks) in the 3rd year will be supported by TCS
- TCS will offer internship and opportunity of working on live projects to selected students undergoing this program at TCS offices to make them industry ready.
- Degree will be awarded by BV (DU), Pune.
- TCS will be actively involved in the faculty development exercise and assist partially in teaching of the program.
- The curriculum is developed by closely working with eminent professionals from the industry and Academia.
- The students will learn/ be exposed to emerging technologies and industry relevant topics. This will enable / make them more relevant to the industry standards and improve their employability.
* As per present TCS recruitment criteria, only students having minimum aggregate of 60% in SSC and HSC examinations will be eligible for TCS recruitment/ placement. This will be applicable for the 2018-19 batch of this program.