The industry has witnessed an explosive growth in the field of electronics in the recent years. India has institutions that are deeply rooted in the principles of democracy and Justice. This ensures a transparent, predictable and secure environment for development of electronics field. The Indian market presents a unique opportunity as compared to developed countries, hence increasing the attractiveness of the Indian market. In the engineering field, electronics branch is one of the most significant as it reflects today’s changing technology. It has become a must-know field as it forms the base for all other engineering branches.
Electronic industry at about $1.75 million is one of largest and fastest growing industry in the world. The demand in India is expected to be $450 billion by 2020. The National Electronic mission with industry participation is now named as ‘Department of Electronics and Information Technology (Deity)
National Policy on Electronics (2012) is formulated by Government of India to boost India’s Electronic System and Design manufacturing industry and improve its share in global market.
The department offers B.Tech. programme which is designed to provide the students with technical know-how to comply with the present-day requirements & keep pace with the recent technology. The department therefore aims to ensure that the students excel in hardware as well as software technologies. The department also has post-graduate course leading to M. Tech. Electronics (VLSI) and Ph.D. programme. The Under graduate course is accredited by NBA in 2005 and 2012.
Vision of Department:
To create technical manpower to suit global needs in Electronics and allied Engineering.
Mission of the Department:
- To empower students with state of the art knowledge to meet the growing challenges in Electronics and allied field.
- Establish a unique learning environment for creativity, innovation & professional activities in Electronics field for student and faculty to inculcate moral & ethical values.
- To provide quality and value based education to excel in their profession to meet economic and social requirements of new era.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- To make students competent for professional career in Electronics & allied fields.
- To equip students with effective communication & teamwork skills to acquire professional excellence in national & multinational organizations.
- To nurture students to be sensitive to ethical, societal & environmental issues while conducting their professional work.
- To build strong fundamental knowledge amongst student to pursue higher education and continue professional development in Electronics & other fields.
Programme Outcomes (POs):
- Apply basic knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- Build, analyze & interpret Electronics Systems.
- Solve complex Engineering problems in Electronics & allied fields.
- Use modern software tools in Electronics Engineering practice.
- Understand effect of engineering solutions in global, economic, health, safety & societal context.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions on society & to be aware of contemporary issues.
- Shoulder professional and ethical responsibilities for societal development.
- Work as effective and efficient member of the team or leader.
- Communicate effectively.
- Manage projects in Electronics and multidisciplinary environment.
- Engage in lifelong learning.