The institutions of Bharati Vidyapeeth (BV) was accorded deemed university status in 1996 for its academic excellence. The Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University)
- has established academic excellence and offers programmes in innovative and emerging areas,
- presently has 29 constituent institutions, including three research institutes dedicated exclusively to research,
- is multi-campus and multi-disciplinary and is catering to the needs of Urban and Rural students,
- has significant achievements in research,
- has world-class infrastructure and facilities, launched several innovative academic programmes, best teaching-learning processes and has entered into national, as well as, international collaborations.
Distinctive Features of Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University),Pune
- ‘A+‘ Accreditation (Third Cycle) by ‘NAAC’ in 2017
- Category-I Deemed to be University Grade by UGC
- 63rd Rank among Universities by NIRF-2020
- ‘A’ Grade by Ministry of HRD, Government of India
- Accredited & Re-Accredited With ‘A’ Grade by ‘NAAC’ in 2004 & 2011
- Among Top 10 Universities preferred by Overseas Students
- Member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU) & Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
- All professional programmes are approved by respective Statutory Councils
- 29 Constituent Units spread over 8 Campuses
- 12 Faculties offering 324 Programmes
- 23000+ Students & 1600+ Teachers
- Students from almost all the states in India & from 48 countries
Distinctive Features of Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University),Pune, College of Engineering Pune
Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University) Pune, India College of Engineering, Pune (BVUCOEP) established in 1983, a constituent unit of Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University), Pune and holds a place of pride and is amongst the most reputed institute. BVUCOE, Pune offers 12 graduates, 08 postgraduates Programmes and Doctoral Programmes in 08 disciplines.
Ranking & Accreditation:
- Programs Accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA), New Delhi in Successively three cycles.
- Ranked among top 100 Engineering Colleges of India by NIRF successively for five years.
- Ranked 99th at National level among Engineering colleges of India by NIRF-2020.
- AICTE-Internshala ranked this Institute to 46th at National level and 8th in West Zone for Best Internship Record.
- Ranking agencies such as India Today (11th rank), Times of India (17th rank), DATAQUEST (3rd rank) and Outlook (14th rank) ranked this institute among top 100 Engineering Colleges of India successively for 10 years.
- Institute has been selected for establishing MHRD – ‘Institution Innovation Council (IIC)’.
Awards & Recognition:
- Awarded as a Platinum Category Institute in the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) – Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) survey 2019.
- Selected by Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Government of India, New Delhi for their innovative ‘Scheme for Promotion of Academic and Research Collaboration’ (SPARC).
- Institute is listed as a part of AICTE-Distinguished Chair Professor Scheme (DCPs), DCP to be associated with the institutes for the purpose of providing online talk/visits. Only 14 institutes are selected by AICTE for the same.
- Institute has got recognition as Host Institute (HI) to setup/establish Business incubator (BI) for implementation of the scheme namely “Support for Entrepreneurial and Managerial Development of MSMEs through lncubator”.
- Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) of BV(DU) COE has secured 5 out of 5 stars for the year 2019-20 and attained position in Top 150 IIC Councils out of more than 1700 IICs across the India. (Conducted more than 100 activities in the fields of Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Intellectual Property etc.)
- Students selected for IITB Research Internship Award-2018 at IIT, Mumbai.
- With North Carolina A&T State University, USA for Faculty Development, Research and M.Tech.(Nano Technology).
- With Drexel University, USA for joint programme in M.Tech. (Biomedical Engineering).
- With TCS to conduct B. Tech. (Computer Science & Business Systems) programme.
- With Parker Hannifin and ABB India Ltd. for B.Tech(Robotics & Automation).
- With North Carolina A&T State University, Greensboro, USA, Tuskegee University, Alabama, USA and Drexel University, USA to Organizing biannual International Conference.
- A unique master programme in Nanotechnology in association with Joint School of Nano Science and Nano Technology (JSNN), North Carolina A&T State University (NCAT), USA.
- Virtual labs in association with IIT, Mumbai.
- Opportunity for students to complete dissertation at International Universities.
- The college houses 101 Laboratories, 43 Class Rooms and 21 Tutorial Rooms.
- Five storied library with more than 73,195 books, 19,999 titles, 64,204 e-journals, 80 National and 81 International Journal subscriptions and Digital library facility.
- In-campus separate Hostel Facilities for Boys and Girls, free health checkup
- Digital Classrooms with automated lecture capture solution
- Institute has received grant of Rs. 15 lakhs under AICTE – “Share and Mentor” (Margadarshan) scheme for three years.
- Institute has also received grant of Rs. 11 lakhs for “Skill and Personality Development Program centre for SC/ST students” (SPDP).
- College has received grant of Rs 3 lakhs for STTP in computer networking in Electronics Engineering department.
- College has received grant of Rs 3 lakhs under AICTE Research Promotion Scheme (RPS) for the project incipient motion condition for Non-Uniform Sediment in Unstructured flow on sloping bed in Civil Engineering Department.
Industry Institute Interaction:
- Interaction with more than 400 industries for Inplant Training, internship of the students.
- Saturday @ BV is the programme intends to be mentoring of students by entrepreneurs and Senior corporates.
- “Employment Enhancement Programme” (EEP)for all Third Year Students which is intended to help students understand the pattern of questions asked in Aptitude Test and learn the quickest and easiest way to solve them. This will help them in clearing aptitude test of various companies and get placement.
Placement and Students Training:
- Training and Placement Cell has continuous interaction with industries. The Prominent industries which have regularly visited for campus placement are TCS, Zensar, L&T Infotech, Tech Mahindra, Amazon, CEAT, Cummins, GE Digital, Atos, Honda, Lucas-TVS, Parker Hannifin, Schneider, Shapoorji Pallonji, Neil Soft, Sanmar, Varroc, Bridgestone, Trident Group etc.
- To make students more employable, placement department organizes various training programmes, such as Employability Enhancement Programme (EEP) and Company Specific Training Programme (CSTP) to enhance aptitude, technical and communication skills of the students. More than 130 companies visited last year for placement drive. More than 87% students were successfully placed with highest package being Rs. 34 LPA and Average package 18.5 LPA